Getting IATF 16949 Certified in Tampa, Florida (FL)
IATF 16949 is an international standard that outlines a guideline for establishing and maintaining a quality management system for organizations in the automotive industry. Regardless of which part of the supply chain you are, you may need to comply with IATF 16949 standard. We may say that it is all voluntary to comply, but the market where you are going to show your products demands that you get certified for it.
To be certified for IATF 16949, you need to meet all the requirements. One of the requirements is that you need to be in the automotive industry. We are not going to exploit all the requirements in this short post, but we encourage you to get hold of this document and get to know all the requirements before you apply for certification.
Tips for implementing IATF 16949
You must have probably known the benefits of becoming certified for this quality standard in the automotive industry and that is why you can’t wait to implement it. We clearly understand you. In this section, we are going to discuss some of the things that you must get right during the implementation. If you follow them keenly, then getting certified for IATF 16949 should not be an issue to be discussed.
- The first thing that you need to do is to inform the management and key stakeholders that you need the business to be certified for IATF 16949. This is very necessary as their support will be needed for the success of your quality management system.
- Before the implementation of IATF 16949, you already had a quality management system with rules and procedures for your operation. When you think of implementing IATF 16949, you need to identify the gap that exists so that it becomes easier to implement the new system.
- You may also need to consult with the supply chain and stakeholders about the existing quality management system. Their feedback on the same will make it possible to make necessary adjustments and align them with the new system.
- Get to choose an appropriate committee that will run your QMS and ensure that its procedures are carried out as expected.
- You also need to prepare your staff. They should not be left in the dark not knowing what to do. Training and motivation may suffice.
- Start by adopting some basic principles of IATF 16949. This should be done gradually, introducing one thing at a time so that you don’t overwhelm the staff with a complete set of new procedures.
- You finally need to review your system. This is done regularly to ensure that the system is effective and is achieving the set objectives.
ISO Pros operate in Tampa, Florida as a service provider. We provide IATF 16949 implementation service to many different organizations that require them. We know that you may need the help of our professionals to help you in understanding this AS9100 and its implementation. Just contact us for any help that you need.